Skills / Qualifications / Competencies:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
· Basic to intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
· Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the area of Internal Audit, with special attention in market audit.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the preparation of audit reports.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in understanding and preparing reports for local regulators.
· Knowledge of financial statement analysis and its variations.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
· As a professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
· Independently contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
· Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
· Independently performs audits related to Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
· Independently completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
· Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
· Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
· Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices.
· Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
· Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
· Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.